Being a gardener-foodie-blogger, I was recently given an opportunity to evaluate a few Seeds of Change grocery items. What came as a surprise to me was that Seeds of Change sold products besides seeds!
We have a nicely stocked rack of Seeds of Change flower, veggie and herb seeds at the nursery where I work. It’s our only line of seeds that is 100% Certified Organic.
Included in my gift box was the following:
- 1 24.5 oz. jar of Seeds of Change Tuscan Tomato Garlic sauce
- 1 12 oz. jar of Seeds of Change Certified Organic Jalfrezi Simmer Sauce with Bell Peppers & Coconut– “The Medium-Hot Curry Sauce Everyone’s Asking For By Name”
- 1 5.6 oz. box of Seeds of Change Certified Organic Cuzco Whole Grain Quinoa Blend With Cilantro
- 2 packets of Certified Organic White Lisbon Bunching Onion seeds
- A recipe, which I am happy to share!
Stuffed Portabella Mushrooms with Quinoa and Pine Nuts
Prep Time: 15
Cook Time: 30
- 1 box Seeds of Change Cuzco Whole Grain Quinoa
- 4 Large portabella mushroom caps
- 1/2 cup Pine nuts
- 1/2 cup Asiago cheese, grated
- 2 Scallions, chopped
- Cook quinoa according to package directions. Rinse mushrooms and pat dry. Remove and chop stems.
- Combine mushroom stems with quinoa, pine nuts, cheese, scallions and parsley
- Place mushrooms up on oiled pan. Spoon quinoa mixture into mushroom cap and press lightly.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes and serve.